Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It just suddenly won't reverse only goes forward even when…

Customer Question
It just suddenly won't...

It just suddenly won't reverse only goes forward even when it's in reverse

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

I've never had a problem with it there's no message on my message center either

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Ford?

2003 ford expedition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing its being towed to my house rn I checked the transmission fluid and it looks and smells fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the level of your transmission fluid? Is it bright red, or is it dirty?

And no I'm definitely not fixing it myself lol I wish I could

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It won't move in neutral either in reverse it goes forward and the vehicle knows it's in reverse because my backup aide goes on

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Transmissions
5/31/2018
Transmission Mechanic: kalamykid, shop owner/tech replied 2 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, shop owner/tech

What size engine is in your truck and is it a 2wd?