Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Randall. I have a 2008 Saturn VUE XR 3.6. It run great but…

Customer Question
Randall. I have a...

Randall. I have a 2008 Saturn VUE XR 3.6. It run great but recently gave a P0752 code. The first place check was the fluid and it was very low almost 3 Qts! The leak is not bad but the result of 200,000 miles of not changing or checking the fluid (Ok, already mad at myself for that). Corrected the fluid level and the code appeared again after a couple days of driving very well. The trans shop said a new transmission ($4500). That will not happen due to miles on the vehicle. I am willing to try some other things first. Filter; got one before I found out how hard it is to change. Drain and Fill; Think that is a try but concern about the problems new fluid can give. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the color and consistency of the fluid? And where exactly are you finding it?

The fluid is pink. It is on the vehicle and often only enough to make a small drop if that.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

Correcting the fluid level. After resetting the code the VUE ran very well but again went into a FailSafe before driving 100 miles.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

If there are other problems which can cause the error I would like to explore them too.

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Transmissions
Answered in 1 day by:
6/1/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Walt-Mod, Moderator replied 21 days ago
Walt-Mod
Walt-Mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Walter, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still need assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel. Thank you!
Walt~Moderator
Transmission Mechanic: Mike V., Technician replied 21 days ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

First off, how is the transmission shifting? Can you tell there is a problem with it or no?

It is very unlikely a new filter and fluid is going to help this situation. You will likely have to replace the 1-2 shift solenoid. Another thought would be to fit it with a used transmission to save a whole lot of money.

HERE is a link to the process for replacing the solenoid. I mean it's quite likely the issue is varnish in the solenoid. I wouldn't count out having a transmission fluid flush done to try and help as well.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help and earn a 5 star rating from you.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and membership questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!