Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Code po657. Transmission in 5th gear. Open circuit yes. 2008…

Customer Question
Code po657. Transmission in...

Code po657. Transmission in 5th gear

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Open circuit yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2008 f-250 6.4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

First code po658 pressure solenoid open replaced solenoid and internal wiring harness worked 3 days now po657 and back in 5th gear

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am assuming it is the or wiring

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Transmissions
4/3/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 3 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today.

does truck stay in 5th gear??

Transmission Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 3 months ago

p0657 the only code present?

Truck has rev park neutral 5th gear
Transmission Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 3 months ago

do you have a scan tool that reads live data

No
Transmission Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 3 months ago

so you installed a new wire harness.

have you changed any of the solenoids??

Changed line pressure solenoid but I’m thinking Tcm or wiring from tcm to transmission
Changed line pressure solenoid
I am being told transmission is good. Wiring,pcm or tcm problem. What is your suggestion?
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• You opted out the other tech
  • Would you like me to try and help?
  • What questions do you still have needing to be answered?