Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Clutch will don't depress. 1994 s/10 2.2 eng. Check the

Customer Question
Clutch will...

Clutch will don't depress

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

1994 s/10 2.2 eng

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Check the clutch peddle rod anm it not moven

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It just went all at once no nose no rattie no verber ratine

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Transmissions
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I will be fixing iot my self . the clutch has not been slipping
4/3/2018
Transmission Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 18 days ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, there's a couple of things to do to check this.

Start by cracking the bleeder valve on the slave cylinder and see if the pedal goes down. If it does then the master cylinder and line are good and it's either the slave cylinder or throwout bearing. If it does not go down with the bleeder cracked you'll need to replace the clutch master cylinder and line.

My goal is to provide 5 star service. Rating/accepting does not cost extra and ensures I'm credited for my time and knowledge. It also does not close your question if you have a follow up concerning this. Thank you for using Just Answer!

Transmission Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 14 days ago

Hello, I was just wanting to follow up and see how things went.

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician