Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

On cold starts by car won't go past first gear unless i

Customer Question
Hi on cold starts...

Hi on cold starts by car won't go past first gear unless i really mash the gas hard! when its warm or hot out i don't have these issues i have codes P0700 and P0732 showing. also when my cars reduces speed and drops down to 30mph i feel a very hard jerk as I'm braking

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Im not sure how old the transmission is but the car has 99k miles on it 2003 sebring lx

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

No haven't started yet just was trying to see was it worth it and whats going on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats about it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Transmissions
3/28/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started! Have you checked the rans fluid level and condition when the vehicle is at operating temperature yet?