Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2005 Honda Accord V6 3.0L transmission fluid is below the…

Customer Question
My 2005 Honda Accord...

My 2005 Honda Accord V6 3.0L transmission fluid is below the low level line. When adding ATF how do I keep from over filling past the upper level line?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?

Probably at normal maintenance check. not sure

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Looking for the right funnell to fit the 1/4" tube hole to add ATF

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes. I had to stop driving the car because of shiftig problem an d lack od acceleration in drive.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Transmissions
3/26/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

If the fluid is below the low-level line then you are likely about a quart low, when you add the oil, add about 1/2 of the quart and then recheck the level. Do not add the whole amount. Add a little at a time and recheck the level each time to avoid overfilling it.

Do you think this will solve the problem with shifting and driving?
sorry, I'm tapped out!

If its low enough it may very well. In order for the transmission to shift properly, you need the correct amount of fluid. and filling it back up is the correct place to start. Once you have it refilled and if it shifts okay now then you need to check the transmission for a leak as well.

how do I end this conversation. Thank you.

All you need to do is rate my service at the top of the page and thank you as well.