Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I replaced my solenoid pack and now it wont go into gear at…

Customer Question
I replaced my solenoid...

I replaced my solenoid pack and now it wont go into gear at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Just had it rebuilt about 10k ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2013 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?

It popped up with a P0750 code and so it said that there was an bad L/R Solenoid circuit and that i needed to replace the solenoid pack.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

And yes i am doing it myself.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Transmissions
3/26/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Mopar_Certified, Factory Trained replied 1 month ago
Mopar_Certified
Mopar_Certified, Factory Trained

Welcome to JA my name is Mark, and I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hows it going Mark!

Doing good. Lets see if we get this sorted out for you.

The most common issue we see is that when the valve body is reinstalled, the manual valve does not get lined up correctly with the rooster comb in the case.

I've uploaded the install instructions with a few pics and mabe that will help you out Either way, I think you're going to have to pull the cover off again and have a second look at the indexing of the manual valve.

Hope that helps, let me know if you need anything further. Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yxij9p07ecgfjma/62te.pdf?dl=0

When you are satisfied that I have answered your question, please provide a 5 star rating since this is how your expert is compensated for taking time out of their day to assist you. However, if you need any more info please reply back to me before you provide any rating, Thanks again!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
does this have to do with that little pin in the bottom right corner of the valve body that i can move side to side?

Yup, that's the one.

Follow the directions I sent you to get it indexed correctly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got the pin into location. Can i bolt it all back together less the cover and see if it goes into gear?

Sure.

Mopar_Certified
Mopar_Certified
Mopar_Certified, Factory Trained