Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a jeep with automatic transmission. We had the

Customer Question
I have a jeep...

I have a jeep with automatic transmission. We had the transmission repaired 2-3 years ago. it stays in 1st gear for a while when its cold then shifts hard. aamco fix it and it stopped 4 a while. we took it bake they had it for a couple of weeks and found no problems. so we lived with it. took off slower and waited till the car warmed up. Now we get and intermittent check engine light coming on. plugged it on to the code reader got the following codes: p0075 active high temp and P007D active temp sensor intermittent. what kind of repairs should we expect . rebuild the tranny or a smaller repair?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Comes off and on intermittently but stays on not blinking when it does

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2006 rubicon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm not mechanically inclined. well take it to a repair shop. in the past the repairs ranged from total rebuild to a $800 look see.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

If he has an opinion on death wobble fixes I could use that info too.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Transmissions
3/23/2018
Transmission Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 month ago
eric remington
You need to hook up scanner and monitor trans temp. You may have issues with sensor...
Transmission Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 month ago
Take it to advance and see if reading matches code if not clear it and try to figure out when the code actually happens soon as it p
Transmission Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 month ago

SO​ CLEAR CODE PROBABLY HAPPENS WHEN ENGINE COLD BUT MAY HAPPEN AT OTHER TIMES..MONITOR TRANS TEMP AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GET

Transmission Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Do you still need help?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician