Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1993 GS300 128K miles only engages in Reverse although the…

Customer Question
1993 GS300 128K miles...

1993 GS300 128K miles only engages in Reverse although the gear shift lever moves correctly and no check engine light.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

No check engine light.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GS300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I have tried allowing the motor to reach operating temp. I think I should check the ATF fluid levels and possibly the speed sensors on the tranny.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Transmissions
I plan to check the shift linkage at the tranny when I check the ATF levels.
3/21/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago
Shawn Few

Hi , I see that your question has been sitting for a while and has not been answered ,I m sorry for your wait and I like to assist you on it , if you still have not had the issue resolved

This here sound like shift linkage at transmission or shifter in the car ,check that too ,unless you are low on fluid and that is why it is not engaging

also at transmission check the trs ,transmission range switch ,CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW PDF FILE AND RR STEPS THER LINKAGE ADJUSTEMNT FOR IT

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

I guess you can close this ticket, the ATF was a little low and it seems to be working okay after filling it up.
Transmission Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago

A​WESOME NEWS ,I M GLAD ,YOU WERE LOW FLUID AND THAT IS ALL IT WAS

PLEASE KINDLY RATE my service, your 5-START RATING is Appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

.