Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Week ago i bought second 300c 5.7l 2005yr,190000 miles,....

Customer Question
and everyday trying to fix...
week ago i bought second 300c 5.7l 2005yr,190000 miles,.... and everyday trying to fix some problems.So here is what happened, few days ago gearbox started to shift hard and day later stopped at all, i can start the engine and drive only with 1st gear up to 3000rpm, looks like limp mode,today i got professional diagnostic tool from my friend to read codes, i was able to connect to gearbox ECU and read codes, - U140b, U140c and P0501, also connected to engine ECU show code P0700 and same P0501.also ABS and ESP/BAS is illuminating, can this be because of P0700,P0501 codes???Tomorrow i must give the answer to automobile mechanic to change new conductor plate or not, he says that this can be a problem 90% but no guarantee. he is going to charge 350euros for all the work + new oil, oil filter, gasket .
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Transmissions
3/20/2018
Transmission Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and instructor replied 1 month ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

The "U"communication codes MUST be fixed first. THEN,

Here’s the sequence of events I follow:
Check fluid level and color. Make appropriate repairs.
Check shift solenoids with a scan tool in bidirectional mode if
applicable. Shift solenoids are inside the transmission and
this is the easiest way to check them.
Drop pan and inspect for excessive metal shavings inside
pan. Check valve body and clutches visually.
Hopefully you may not have to go this far, maybe you just
were a bit low on fluid.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what U140b, U140c and P0501 codes mean for Chrysler 300c ?i just don't know where to search the problem, in abs system or in gearbox,

Neither, the computer systems are NOT talking to each other at this point, so you need to PING all the modules with a scan tool first to find the ones that won't communicate and determine if it's a wiring issue or a bad computer. This is where you have to start.

Thanks again, and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep this link for additional communications.

Transmission Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Three of the codes you listed are setting because of lack of left and right rear wheel speed sensor signals. This could be a wiring issue or possibly an ABS module issue but I would first suspect the sensors themselves.

The lack of speed signal will cause the trans to go into limp in and not shift. Unless there are more trans codes set that you didn't mention then replacing the lead plate will not be necessary, the speed sensor issues need to be diagnosed.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
U140b, U140c are problem with abs sensors, but what about P0501 ? it's speed sensor fault that is in the gearbox? then why P0501 appears ?
P0501 is for a lack of correct vehicle speed signal from the ABS module.

The problem was lack of speed sensor signal as I explained, and was due to the tone wheel damage.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician