Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2007 Mazda 3 (manual trans) ran fine, got to my destination…

Customer Question
2007 Mazda 3 (manual...

2007 Mazda 3 (manual trans) ran fine, got to my destination fine - sat in car due to rain and noticed RPMs going higher - tried to hit gas and engine isn't responding to gas pedal being pressed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No. Not a gas hog and yes, it starts fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

This just happened last night - as I said it was raining so I wasn't able to do much.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. Thats it.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Transmissions
3/20/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 month ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

So when you press the gas the rpm's don't go up or rpm's go up but it doesn't move? Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
RPMs don't move and It is idling high - around 2k

I​s the check engine light on? If so, are you able to check codes? Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Engine light is on (has been for a while) had it checked recently. It is due to vapor

I'm guessing you have a new codes set with new problems, are you able to check codes? It sounds like there is a problem with your throttle body assembly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No - I can't get it anywhere since it won't move and don't have the computer that tests codes. Is it possible something just got wet in the rain? Since it ran fine until then?

You could start by checking throttle body connector. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Do you have the 2.0 or 2.3 engine?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2.3

Y​a I'd start by checking throttle body connector and disconnect battery for 10 minutes. If that doesn't help then you will want to check codes. Possible problems are throttle body, accelerator pedal, or wiring/connectors going to either. Most parts stores will barrow out scan tool for free with deposit. My goal is to provide 5 star assistance so please let me know how it goes or if you have questions, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. I will let you know.

Sounds good, I'll talk to you then. Thanks.

Transmission Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 26 days ago

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer. Thanks.

Dan, Technician