Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It is not shifting from 2nd gear to 3rd gear and so on. I…

Customer Question
It is not shifting...

It is not shifting from 2nd gear to 3rd gear and so on. I have replaced the Transmission Control Module, and it is now pulling code 1499. As well as code 0733. Not sure where to go next with this.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

The Jeep is an ‘02. I haven’t. Do you know where I can locate that?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Jeep?

Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Kind of. My grandfather owns a mechanic shop and we are trying to figure it out here. We have replaced the radiator and the transmission control module.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It’s also overheating sitting in idle for about 10 minutes.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Transmissions
3/14/2018
Transmission Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, which engine does it have?

4.7 L

Thanks, I'll be back in just a few minutes with more info.

Thanks for your patience. The transmission code is either going to be solenoid or 3rd clutch issue, i'll post the info below. The other code is coming up for the hydraulic fan or circuit, below is the info on diagnosing that problem. If you need help during any step just reply back.

My goal is to provide 5 star service. Rating/accepting does not cost extra and ensures I'm credited for my time and knowledge. It also does not close your question if you have a follow up concerning this. Thank you for using Just Answer!