Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

4 wheel low and 4 wheel high lights flashing. Both 4wheel…

Customer Question
4 wheel low and...

4 wheel low and 4 wheel high lights flashing

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Both 4wheel low and 4 wheel high flash all the time and buttons do nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

07 sequoia sr5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sequoia yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Transmissions
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/14/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

This indicates a fault with one of the*****components.This can be a fault with a position sensor or actuator that shifts in and out of 4 high and 4 low at fault as this can be common to cause this fault.

What has to be done is a compatible scan tool/computer needs to be plugged into your vehicles data port to see what codes are set.There will be at least one code set.Once this is done the code set then will need diagnosed to then help to locate and repair this issue here.This has to be done as there are several components that can cause this issue and have the codes read out will help to locate and repair this fault.

Most shops or a dealer can read out the fault codes as well as diagnose and repair it for a fee.In some cases a local parts store can read out the fault codes at no charge to you, they usually cannot diagnose the fault but can give an idea of what is at fault needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

in short I need to have a scan tool put on the vehical to determine the problem?
No I don't want a call

No problem with the call that is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

You will need to have a scan tool fully compatible with your model plugged into your vehicle to read out the codes set then the fault can be diagnosed to then pinpoint the cause and repaired from there.Yes, this has to be done.If it isn't done you would be on a wild goose chase trying to figure out what is causing this issue.

Thanks Pete