Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

2004 S80 - Transmission Urgent Light and now Check Engine

Customer Question

2004 S80 - Transmission Urgent Light and now Check Engine Light! 86,000 miles.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on. Took it to too private repair shops and no one seems to know what is wrong. Trying to keep it running and save money. I LOVE MY CAR!
JA: Are you fixing your S80 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I am not fixing it myself. One mechanic changed fluid totally.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Does that year and model have an issue? Is there a trustworthy mechanic in Silver Spring, MD?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master Volvo Tech.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

1. I do need the vin # to get the factory information to assist.
  2. What fault codes are stored in the engine module and the trans module please?

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It will take a day or two to get the information needed. It should be noted that in each time I took it to a private repair shop, they checked the codes. After they worked on the car, the light would go out for a couple of days and then return.I will call the last guy and get the codes.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will get back to you via this website.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.

that would be great!!

thanks