Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2014 Mitsu Outlander SE. 26,000 miles. I plan on…

I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 Mitsu Outlander SE. 26,000 miles. I plan on changing the transmission fluid. Is there also a filter and or gasket that have to be changed as well?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?

It wasn't.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

I plan on taking it to the dealer but i want to be sure.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It has a CVT transmission.

3/12/2018
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Your model doesnt have a filter and the only gasket is the drain plug gasket which is usually a seal ring that the dealer will replace.The fluid is changed out with a machine that a dealer will use to remove the old fluid and install new fluid.I show the charge for this is about 1.2 hours to have the fluid replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Thank you very much. Good answer!!

Your welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Automotive Mechanic