Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2005 Nissan Pathfinder. Vehicle is not starting and there is…

Customer Question
2005 Nissan Pathfinder. Vehicle is...
2005 Nissan Pathfinder. Vehicle is not starting and there is communication with the TCM. The OD light and Shift indicators on dash are flickering. I replaced the valve body with a new one thinking it was a tcm problem but it's the same. The A/T Fuses are not blown. What should I do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Transmissions
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No communication with TCM. Fuses are ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It has a Code U1000
3/11/2018
Transmission Mechanic: camerontech, Auto Mechanic replied 1 month ago
camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic

hi there

im cam, a licensed diagnostic tech

check the data connector pin 6 and 14. they should both have 2.5 volts. if not then there is a short to ground or wiring issue. the can network can shut down the pcm
there is a tsb for this code and bad grounds are the culprit.
i have included the tsb as an attachment for you with the locations of the grounds.

always check battery and battery ground to body connections too.
let me know how you make out!

cam

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. I have a scanner and when I turn the ignition on my scanner doesn't pick it up. I did check all grounds. The Valve body got wet so I replaced it. Same issue.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you tell me which pin is power amd ground on the ECU too the TCM

pin 6 and 14 is the communication for your scanner. these should be 2.5v each .
ill give the wiring diagrams for the grounds and powers for both module

give me a sec and ill pull them up

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my scanner picks up engine data but it won't communicate with the TCM
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

all grounds and ign and bat powers on diagrams

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I checked the gnd wires from the plug that connects to the tcm (unplugged) with my test light and it lights up. What should I do next
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Should I test it plugged in

no, not plugged in for powers. grounds will be ok to check plugged in.
the test light should not light up for the grounds? unless you are attachng the clamp end to a power.
if the powers and grounds are present and your data line has continuity from pcm to tcm then your tcm is the likley suspect

hi there

how did your repair go?

cam

camerontech
camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic