Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2002 Hyundai Accent, Auto trans just revs engine in reverse,

2002 Hyundai Accent, Auto...

2002 Hyundai Accent, Auto trans just revs engine in reverse, back wheel had rusted and caused the problem when putting in reverse and gunning engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Very good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accent yourself? What have you tried so far?

I usually fix myself however this type transmission is beyond my skill level. I changed the transmission fluid.

3/10/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

The transmission will need to be overhauled for the issue you have described. the driveline was not able to turn and to much force was put on the reverse clutch seals and clutch plates. They then failed and now will need to be replaced. What can I offer to help you more?

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

5 Stars, exactly what I needed to know

You are welcome

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician