Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

SHIFTS PERFECTLY BUT SOMETIMES WILL NOT ENGAGAE IN FORWARD.

Customer Question
SHIFTS PERFECTLY BUT SOMETIMES...

SHIFTS PERFECTLY BUT SOMETIMES WILL NOT ENGAGAE IN FORWARD

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

FLUIDS ARE GREAT, ITS JUST THE LINKAGE, WHEN IT CATCHES IN DRIVE THE TRUCK SHIFTS PERFECTLY

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2000 FORD EXCURSION V-10

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Excursion yourself? What have you tried so far?

EVERY TIME I TRY TO GET IT CHECKED OUT, THEY TELL ME THERE ARE NO CODES AND IT DRIVES NRMAL AT THE FORD DEALERSHIP

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

IT JUST HAS AN ENGAGING PROBLEM GOING INTO DRIVE

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Transmissions
3/9/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 4 months ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

Ok

ok, it is possible the filter is partially clogged with debris delaying engagement. I would drop the pan and change the filter and the fluid. if the filter is not clogged and the issue persists, it is a mechanical issue such as forward clutch seals or piston damage.

Roy

The fluids were changed not so long ago nothing seemed burned and everything looked great per the Ford dealership

Was the problem present when you had the fluid changed at the dealer??

Roy

ok, thanks

the issue is internal in the trans whether it is a seal failure in the forward clutch or the piston in the drum. once it applys all is good until the next time it has to engage. there is that delay.

it can last like this for a while but it will eventually get to the point that it will not engage at all.

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

do you have any other questions??

any update??