Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It is stuck inin low range took it to a transmission shop he…

Customer Question
It is stuck in*****in...

It is stuck in*****in low range took it to a transmission shop he said it was the GEM...

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

Right before we took it to him..We also changed the transmission be for that too..

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1998 F-150 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am fixing it my self..nothing yet just got it back from the transmission shop

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Transmissions
3/8/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Are you asking for the Ford diagnostic steps to see if the diag was correct to see if a GEM module replacement is actually needed?

not sure just want to fix it
I can type

Let me know what would help you best. I have the diag steps and the wiring diagrams, and the steps to replace parts.

Are you in neutral with your foot on the brake when trying to shift from low to high and have verified the brake lights work and have verified the trans range sensor is detecting neutral by trying to start the vehicle in neutral?

we tried that before we took itnto to the shop some other things quit working like the power windows....

Are you still there, are you still needing help?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris