Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Replaced downshift solenoid and detent plate on my 2011 ram…

Customer Question
Replaced downshift solenoid and...

Replaced downshift solenoid and detent plate on my 2011 ram but now it runs in reverse and neutral but shuts down when i engage drive.Iam wondering is this is a common issue. a ground or do i need to have the computer updated.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 Dodge?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am . It was going into limp mode and code verified the bad solenoid. But it shows no code now but shuts down on in drive only

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

No have not reset it since i changed solenoid. and do not have the code with at this time. i'll try resetting it next

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should do it thanks

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Transmissions
3/8/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 5 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Does it try to pul forward more than normal when it stalls in drive?

vin#?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

1D7RB1CTXBS526808. Nope does not move. Even if rev up rpms. Took valve block along with solenoid out last night again! Thought about rebuilding the valve block but wanted to test the solenoid pack to make sure that is a good one before I stick it back in do you know how that can be done it's a
Checked everything on the wiring I had some body work done on the front clip just before this started happening I just feel like I'm chasing the wrong problem.

I am confused, earlier it stalled while in drive now it will engage drive but not move?