Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2004 ford f250. it began loosing power while

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 ford f250. it began loosing power while driving. after babying it home, i have tried to figure out what's wrong. now, it will start, but only move when in idle

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

254000 and its a 6.0L turbo diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Hoping to fix myself. I can't seem to find anything to try!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Transmissions
3/7/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Can you post anything that was checked or replaced to try and locate or repair this issue here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

the only thing that we have done is change the fuel filters. we are not sure where to go from there. people keep saying icp sensor or fuel fitler. we ran an obd scanner and it showed nothing.

When you try to rev up the engine does it rev up at all or bog down when stepping on the gas pedal or does it act like there is no pedal response at all like your not even pressing on the pedal?

it will rev in park, but in drive there is nothing like not pressing pedal at all

Does the gear indicator show the correct gear when placed in drive or reverse?

Does it rev up properly in park and neutral like the engine has full power but not at all when in gear?

slow rev in park and neutral but no power in gear

This is a difficult question for me to answer myself here.

Unfortunately, this is all of the info I have for this here.I will open your question up for others here for others to see if they can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease. No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Mind if I try to help?

Absolutely!! I’ll take all the help I can get!!

Any codes stored?

Does it misfire in gear or smoke when applying throttle?

No codes, no misfire, no smoke.. park and neutral I have acceleration ... drive and reverse is like the peddle is disconnected... however vehicle will move during idle in drive and reverse

So in drive or reverse at full throttle, there is not even a change at all in the rpm?

Nope, nothing

Do you have access to a scan tool to see if the PCM is seeing APP signal while in drive?

I have access.. it will take me a few to do that

NO problem.

I had trouble getting scan tool to connect to tablet. I was not able to check it

Do you know someone with another scan tool to try theirs?

I will try tomorrow.
It’s almost midnight here

Thanks

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris