Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It wont pull, 2000 ford f150 4x2, I replaced the

Hi It wont pull ...

Hi It wont pull

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2000 ford f150 4x2

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced the transmission with one that came from a donor vehicle that was running fine

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

I changed it and the filter saturday

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Code P0743, P0750 P0755 and P1747

3/7/2018
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Master Trans Tech

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

When you drop it in gear and try to accelerate does it run rough like computer limiting torque/cutting cylinders and does it run smooth out of gear?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Very rough
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I thought it was out of gas at first
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When in park its smooth as buttter!

OK thanks. Check for power on both sides of fuse 23 in the underhood fusebox with key on. If fuse blown, replace and see if it blows again when put in gear. Let me know....

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service before you go. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges. Rating my answer positive charges your account the full question value and credits me. Submitting for a refund removes the credit from my account and makes me donate my time and experience for free, which is not my intention. Please only rate positive if you are satisfied and intend on paying for the services you agreed to. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That fuse is ok and so is number 21

OK the PCM is going into torque limited failsafe because it is seeing a short on the pressure control solenoid (P1747).

I would unplug the main transmission connector and put it in gear and see if it runs normal (it will engage hard)

If it does then you have a wiring concern, possibly harness crushed between bell housing and engine or laying on exhaust.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok Thank you Ill try it tomorrow when I have the sun light.

OK sounds good. Have a good evening.

Did you need any further assistance? Thread shows waiting for customer response/rating.

Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Master Trans Tech
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Master Trans Tech