Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I need help with this problem '99 Toyota 4Runner 3.4L 2WD…

Hi guys I need help...
Hi guys I need help with this problem
'99 Toyota 4Runner 3.4L 2WD automatic transmission
there are no codes Engine or Transmission
and transmission is shifting late
how can I adjust the shifting on this truck
will appreciate any help thanks
3/6/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

shifting late ,is it slipping you mean where engine rpm races faster then transmission speed ?

did it start to it suddenly or gradually ?

what is mileage on it now ? has it ever been serviced,fluid dropped ,checked for small metal shaving in it ?

do you have any kind of obdII dlc connector scanner to scam for faults ?

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

thistransmission is fine it shifts fine is just the shifting is a little late
and I know there is a way to adjust that

click on link to view the troubleshoot table matrix

yours fall under shift to low , possible causes 1- Shift select switch circuit or ecm

this a computer controlled transmission there is no manual adjustment if you talking on shift point when driving or taking off

if the shifter/ shifter linkage at shifter or transmission not going in r or d then that is different story

General Description
The A340E is a 4-speed, Electronically Controlled Transmission developed for use with high performance engines. A lock-up mechanism is built into the torque converter clutch. The A340E automatic transmission is mainly composed of the torque converter clutch, the Overdrive (hereafter called O/D) planetary gear unit, a 3-speed planetary gear unit, a hydraulic control system and an electronic control system.

thaqnks a lot Master Farhat
I found the problem
it was a bad TPS
with out a code for it
replay back to me so I can rate you

awesome news man

i m glad

weird no code , tps will set a fault usually

I m glad you got it man,sorry i was not much help for you there

Thank you

are you in guatamela , that is what my screen showing ?

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat