Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My ford focus with a manual transmission makes a clunking…

Customer Question
My ford focus with...

My ford focus with a manual transmission makes a clunking sound as I come to a stop.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

No really but when I gear down the noise is less.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Focus?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've not done anything as yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think the emergency brake is not working properly although it does work some. I thought at first it was related to the braking system because it only happens when I brake for a stop.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Transmissions
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started! Best way to check this is jack the vehicle up and have someone put it in dive and stop while you listen for the noise

I said it was a manual

ok and I said to jack it up and check for noise?

I don't have the car with me. I also said it doesn't make the noise except when I am braking for a stop. This is not working like I thought, please don't charge me for this, and please cancel my subscription right away. Thanks.

we actually have to do some diagnostics and not guess what the problem is, the procedure im asking you to do is the same I would do in my shop to find the problem, if you want a refund call customer service

I can't put my manual in "dive". And I can't "stop" while the car is "jacked" up. What is the number of customer service.

this is why I said have someone do it while you check for noise, 1(###) ###-####/p>