Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It is a 2008 Saturn Vue XR. It is giving a P0700 P0752 code.

It is a 2008...

It is a 2008 Saturn Vue XR. It is giving a P0700 P0752 code. It shifts to a fail safe while driving. The problem just occurred. The first response was to check Transmission level and it was low. After putting some fluid in the car ran fine until this afternoon when it did the exact same thing as yesterday. One difference is this time I was not able to use the manual shift.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

I had not noted any leaking BUT after I had the problem I did notice a couple of drops which appear to be trans fluid. But it could have been from the effort to put fluid in.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

The fluid. I hope it is something electronic and accessible and I will fix it The trans is 198,000 miles old

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, The problem started yesterday after help my daughter move. The load was not unusual heavy. The problem started again today after a load but the load was lifter than yesterday

2/20/2018
hdgene
hdgene, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, what engine is in this VUE?

3.6

Ok this is most likely a shift solenoid issue. Attached is a pinpoint test that goes into detail for testing the solenoid, but this is why it puts it into a failsafe mode. Long as its full of fluid and it doesnt smell burnt, replacing the shift solenoid may help this concern.

If you need more help or information please let me know. If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

Do you need more help with this concern?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just got the van home this evening. I will try replacing the switch solenoid this weekend and let you know the results

Very good, let me know if you need more help.

hdgene
hdgene, ASE Certified Technician
hdgene
hdgene
hdgene, ASE Certified Technician