Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My transmission fault service light came on. I turned the…

Customer Question
My transmission fault service...

My transmission fault service light came on. I turned the car off and restarted it and the message is gone, but the car keeps hesitating while accelerating.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

I have no code

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Ford Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Ford?

2016 Escape Titanium

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Will probably take it to the dealer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Transmissions
2/6/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The message you saw was to let you know that a fault has been detected by the engine and transmission computer.This is an electrical fault since you were able to turn off the vehicle then restart it and it went away.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done there will be at least one code set that will then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.There are several sensors and solenoids in the transmission that can cause this fault here which is why this has to be done.Most shops or a dealer can check this as well as diagnose and repair it for a fee.A local parts store in some cases can check this free of charge but they won't be able to diagnose or repair it but they can give you an idea of what is at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete