Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2000 sephia with a clutch problem. In the course of…

i have a 2000 sephia...
i have a 2000 sephia with a clutch problem. In the course of about a week the clutch has started slipping very bad (rpms but very little foward motion) shifting is still smooth and the pedal still feels fine. could anything other than a clutch kit rebuild be the answer ? could it be a hydraulic problem ?thanks
B
1/18/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The clutch system is mechanically pressed together tight via the spring force of the pressure plate. The hydraulic portion is only used to disconnect the clutch. Since it is high revving with little movement. The clutch disc and pressure plate must be replaced. The flywheel may also need to be machined. Another possible cause could be an engine or transmission oil leak onto the clutch which can cause slipping but that would not mean the clutch is not damaged, it just means there is more needing repaired than mentioned prior.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
i have noticed something has been leaking mid engine drivers side. if that is leaking on the clutch would the tranny need to be opened up to clean the clutch disc and pressure plate or would it go away after the leak is fixed ?

Once the transmission is removed the parts mentioned still must be replaced and performed and the leak also will need to be addressed.

Cleaning alone will not fix it.

understood thanks for the clarification.

You are welcome