Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

How do you remove transmission from a 2001 Lincoln ls v8…

Customer Question
How do you remove...

How do you remove transmission from a 2001 Lincoln ls v8

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Transmissions
1/17/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Here is a link to the Ford steps. https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2z79kc5sshbuip/lstrans.pdf?dl=0

If you get stuck let me know so I can write out a answer since I have done this hundreds of times.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

what tool do you use to remove three way catalic converter.

I just use sockets and a ratchet. No special tool is needed.

no I prefer to type it just a tight fit on the left side of the transmission nuts that hold the converter in place which tool is used to take the converter off.
Do you did connect at the header on this 2001 their is no room for socket.

You disconnect the converters. at the base of the manifolds.

Tight fit

Yes, it is very tight. It will come out though with a ratchet and socket, some extensions and a universal joint.

Are you needing more help?

Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris