Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Goes intoby itself. 2003 acrua mdx. Disingagedbut it keeps…

Customer Question
Goes into*****by itself Mechanic's...

Goes into*****by itself

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2003 acrua mdx

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Disingaged*****but it keeps going by itself

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Transmissions
1/15/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to assist you with this today.

Do you get any warning lights on the dash when the car goes into 4wd?

Okay great, that will be helpful in diagnosing this. Do you have a local parts store you can go to and have the trouble codes scanned? I think we are having a switch issue, but knowing the codes would help alot

what switch

The VTM 4 wheel system has a built in switch on the module. When the module develops issues it can cause problems with the 4wd switch. One other thing that can falsely trigger the system is a bad ABS/wheel speed sensor, but usually that will throw a code and set a light for the ABS

brake problem indicatator is on but it switchs back in sitting still
brake problem indicator is on

Okay then there can be a few issues here. I would suggest getting the codes scanned so we can diagnose this further. there is not too much we can do without knowing what codes are stored