Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It’s stuck in first gear. No leaks. Has 203,000. But. I just…

Customer Question
It’s stuck in first...

It’s stuck in first gear.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?

No leaks. Has 203,000.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

But. I just accumulated almost 1000 miles in less then 30 mins.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MINI?

It 04’ crown Victoria

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not touching anything until Ik what’s causing the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Besides the mileage constant rising and trans stuck in first. That’s about it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Transmissions
1/9/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Any warning lights or messages on or flashing?

Does reverse and manual 1st work correct?

Does the speedometer read correctly?

So far the symptoms point to a faulty output shaft speed sensor but we need to do some more diagnostics before parts are repaired or replaced.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris