Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Have a Cadillac allante when running down and came of the…

Customer Question
Have a Cadillac allante...

Have a Cadillac allante when running down and came of the highway to the stop light it as though it won't go in any gear

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Trans is a 1987 and it sit most of it life why check brake switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Allante yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying I figure it has something electrical going on with it checked the fuses but I figure their mite be solenoid

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just was doing fine on then not so not really

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Transmissions
1/9/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 3 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

1- First possibility if we have delayed engagement, it Sounds we have a delayed engagement, it supposed to gear down when coming to a light ,

the possibilities for that are :

1987 Cadillac Allante V8-252 4.1L

Save Article

1. Low oil level.

2. Cooler check ball not seating.

3. Damaged or defective reverse servo seal.

4. Damaged or defective 1-2 servo seal.

5. Leaking 1-2 servo oil pipes.

For A Hard or soft Shift , then we have to look at

1987 Cadillac Allante V8-252 4.1L

Save Article

1. Incorrect oil pressure.

2. Accumulator cover bolts improperly tightened.

3. Accumulator pistons, seals or springs damaged.

4. Control valve assembly accumulator valve binding.

5. Check ball No. 8 missing or improperly installed.

Now with that said , we do have a TSB ( Technical service bulletin on the 2nd and 3rd shift solenoid ,click on link to view the tsb and instruction and parts needed

A new 2-3 shift solenoid went into production on December 10, 1987

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat