Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I accidently dropped my transmission fluid on a 2014 Toyota…

Customer Question
I accidently dropped my...

I accidently dropped my transmission fluid on a 2014 Toyota Tacoma is there anyway I can put it back by myself?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?

I only has 64,000 miles on it I wanted to change the oil.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tacoma yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just got the vehicle and need to change the oil. I did catch the fluid in a new catch pan.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Transmissions
1/7/2018
Transmission Mechanic: EricFromCT, Auto Technician replied 3 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Auto Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

You can do it your self but it is a little bit difficult and messy. There is a fill hole on the passenger side of the transmission where you can put the fluid back in to. You will need to put the fluid into something you can squeeze up into the fill hole.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Here is a diagram of the refill plug. #3 in the picture.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Auto Technician