Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2002 4t65e versatrak awd when cold acts like its…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 4t65e versatrak awd when cold acts like its out of fluid but fluid is fine with in a few minutes its fine shifts up n dwn normal until it cools dwn then its does it again but only it seems when its cold.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

No leaks 91000 miles started this in nov. when it got close to freezing it is in a 2002 buick rendezvos.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rendezvous yourself? What have you tried so far?

Near the end of nov had the fluid changed it was reddish brown but didn t smell burnt not sure if it is simple i could due it myself pending weather!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Transmissions
1/4/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Todd Audette, A.S.E Certified Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, A.S.E Certified Master Technician
Hi my name is ***** ***** will be happy to assist you with your vehicle. Please allow me a little time to review some basic diagnostics and i will be back with back to you soon

When you sat it acts like it's out of fluid does it not move?