Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have put a 91 5.2 in a 92 dakota kept the 92 transmission…

Customer Question
I have put a...

I have put a 91 5.2 in a 92 dakota kept the 92 transmission my overdrive is not working the 91 had cruise control the 92 does not will that affect it it is not going in to o/d

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?

Yes like I said 5.2

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Dakota yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am and Iv tryed everything I can thank of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Transmissions
1/4/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

To make the 91 engine work in the 92 chassis, did you swap in the ECM from the 91 into the 92? 91 is TBI 92 is MPI. What did you do about the fuel injection differences??

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert