Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

4EE9, 4F4C, 4F50, 4F4F, 4F51 DTC error codes in

Customer Question
4EE9, 4F4C, 4F50, 4F4F...

4EE9, 4F4C, 4F50, 4F4F, 4F51 DTC error codes in transmission. All drums, clutches, bushings and fluid replaces without improvement

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

About 30 k miles, yes the reader gave these codes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2006 BMW 750 Li

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 750 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It has been in a non-BMW gearbox specialist workshop. Clutches, bushings, drums are completetly replaces. I believe the maechtroning has been replaced with a 2nd hand so that might be the issue. System voltage is steady at 13.9 V in idle so I think it is OK

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think I just need help if there is anything else than mechatronic I can check before replacing that

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Transmissions
Answered in 1 day by:
1/5/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the wiring running to the transmission for any issues as well as the wiring connection.If any issues are found they will need to be repaired to resolve this fault here.If this is or was checked already and found o.k. it is very possible the mechatronic unit is faulty needing replaced as this was a common problem to cause this type of fault here in allot of cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete