Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have 2016 cadillac ats. Today all of a sudden I cannot…

Customer Question
I have 2016 cadillac...

I have 2016 cadillac ats. Today all of a sudden I cannot shift in par; and cannot restart car or dimm the light

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Maijn light mare on automatic and I cannot move shift gear

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ATS yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it is under warrenty

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Transmissions
1/3/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi can you please clarify what you are experiencing and what your exact question is?

I cannot get the car in park or any other gear after I turned off the car. It happened twice before today but somehow i got lucky.
also lights wont shut off
is there anything I can do or do I have to call a tow
can you answer me please?

is the car not running?

No cannot start it. I cannot get it in Park or neutral. Warning says check rear view camera

what happens when you try to start it?

push the start button and nothing happenned

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

I would suggest you try to jump start it, and also try a second key.

if it still will not start, then you should have it towed for warranty repair.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

I HAVE ARRANGED TOWING THANK YOU. NOW CAN YOU REEMBURSE ME MY FIVE DOLLARS