Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2000 escalade is stuck in neutral. Haven't. Done allot.

Customer Question
My 2000 escalade is...

My 2000 escalade is stuck in neutral.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't. Done allot. And yed im fixing it myself. Did chech fuses though.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

It starts and i can shift. But no results.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My indicator lights do not work inside. They flash for a second when i turn the ignition then go out. The neutral light stays red.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Transmissions
1/3/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

OK first I think we should check the linkage at the transmission, try unlocking it and have someone shift the shifter to see if the cable is operating correctly

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician