Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It's 26 degrees here and I can't shift into reverse. My

Customer Question
It's 26 degrees here...

It's 26 degrees here and I can't shift into reverse.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

No, my truck is a 2011 GMC SIERRA.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sierra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I HAVEN'T TRIED ANYTHING DIFERENT, BUT TRY SHIFTING TO REVERSE.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm IN Austin, TX AND IT'S 26 DEGREES AS WE SPEAK. IT ALWAYS WORKED FINE BEFORE.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Transmissions
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the shifter moving to any other gears or positons at all or is it stuck in park and won't move at all?

Let me know, thanks, Pete.

no

Is it stuck in park with no movement at all?