Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Manual transmission 2011 Aveo. Extremely cold, the car did…

Customer Question
Manual transmission 2011 Aveo...

Manual transmission 2011 Aveo. Extremely cold, the car did start although the clutch seemed to grab on the way down. Let warm up, then nothing... nada, zilch. Could not get it to go into gear.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

No. No previous problems noticed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aveo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing tried yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I guess not.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Transmissions
1/1/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Todd Audette, A.S.E Certified Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, A.S.E Certified Master Technician

Hi my name is*****'m an A.S.E Certified Master Technician with 30 + yrs GM experience. I'm reviewing your question and would be happy to assist you. Please allow me a little time to review and i will be back to you soon. Thanks

The first thing i need to know is whether your vehicle has a clutch cable or if it's hydraulic. There were 2 different designs used in the Aveo

I have no clue. How would I know?

You would have to look to see if there is a reservoir for fluid under the hood near the brake master cylinder. If the clutch worked fine prior to this happening i would think you may have a clutch master cylinder that has failed probably due to the cold temp. Unfortunately your vehicle will have to go to a shop to get properly diagnosed and repaired

Please note that customer satisfaction is my #1 goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer