Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

How do you change the transmission filter in a 2006 Pontiac…

Customer Question
How do you change the...
How do you change the transmission filter in a 2006 Pontiac
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Transmissions
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Randall, ASE Master Tech replied 6 months ago
Randall
Randall, ASE Master Tech

You opened a second post, I was asking for year and model which you sent, I need to close out one of the posts. I will send repair information back to you shortly

Ok

May I ask why you are wanting to change the filter? maintenence or for another reason

It's time
Can u help me
Can't talk

Understood. This trans one does not service the filter, only fluid, The filter is inside the trans and is a lifetime filter. I know but it is by design, The only way to change the filter is to completely tear down the trans which is 12.7 hours to do the filter. Simple put? the trans filter is not to be changed only fluid at required intervals. Here is a link to a picture of the filter showing after trans case is split in 1/.2

Rate my service by using the stars at the top of the page. Just Answer can only compensate me for my time

and resources after feedback rating thus rating is required . Rating includes any follow-up questions you may have once you leave feedback rating. Free trials and member questions still require a service rating
Thank you so much!Randall