Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The gear shift is stuck in manual gear, and cannot disengage…

Customer Question
The gear shift is...

The gear shift is stuck in manual gear, and cannot disengage it. Car is off.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

It is a 2007, and the car was turned off while the shift was in the manual position, now its stuck.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Acura?

TL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried to take the negative off the battery terminal, that allowed me to disengage the key, but that's all I did.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Transmissions
12/31/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Christopher Jirak,
 replied 6 months ago
Christopher Jirak

H​ello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. I have a couple basic questions for you to start.​

1. ​If you depress the brake pedal do the brake light come on?
  2. With the key On sitting in the car and depressing the brake pedal with your hand on the shifter. do you hear or feel a clicking noise coming from the steering Coolum or gear selector lever?