Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Sometimes at a stop, it takes about 4 seconds to jump back…

Customer Question
Sometimes at a stop...

Sometimes at a stop, it takes about 4 seconds to jump back into gear, almost as if it was in netrual

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?

No leaks 135k

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2008 jetta 2.5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

I didnt do anything yet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Transmissions
12/29/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok we need to check the transmission fluid level and condition next, also do you regularly service the transmission?

bought the car recently

ok let me know when you check the fluid how it is

ill let you know tomw, im just wondering of the different possibilities that would cause that issue.

this will be transmission related somehow, we just have to start with the basics and figure it out