Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

Check engine light on.code p1421,transmission started

Customer Question
Check engine light on.code...

Check engine light on.code p1421,transmission started slipping and now car want move,it will not veven rev up

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2010 Nissan versa

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Versa yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to fix just do not know what to do

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I know cv s needed replacing

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Transmissions
12/29/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Jay, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Jay
Jay, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

That is a cold start control code. This is a Ecm controlled operation. How many miles are on the car?

This is not a Transmission code..

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
120000miles on car

Well here is important info. So please be exact with your mileage. Your car has a 10 year or 120k mile warranty on the transmission if you are having a transmission issue.

But his code indicates either a Ecm issue, Air leak, or fuel injector system issue ( possible fuel pump). So these things will need to be checked for your issue.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i would like to see what you think,i know it is not a trans mission code,the trans started slipping at the same time

If it's slipping, and you are just under the 120k miles.. Any transmission issue is under warranty...

It's hard to determine with out looking at the car for your concerns. I can only advise direction

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what would you recommend

Well, if your that close in mileage, I would take the car to the dealer, cause if you have just under 120k miles, and there is a internal transmission issue, that would be covered. At the same time, if the don't find anything and it's at least documented that you were there for a transmission concern, if you do go over the 120 and experience any failure shortly after, then the dealer should still honor any transmission repair needed or replacement.

As for this code, this will require a scanner to monitor air and fuel trim readings, may require a fuel pressure test and after all that is checked, if good, then the Ecm would need to be replaced. If the Ecm has to be replaced, all keys will need to be reprogrammed and the Ecm programmed for it to work properly since they come blank.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay
Jay, ASE Certified Technician