Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2002 Honda Accord has a blinking d4 light and it drives…

Customer Question
Hi my 2002 Honda...

Hi my 2002 Honda Accord has a blinking d4 light and it drives real slow when I put it in d4, now when I put it in 1 and I shift it manually it drives with the power that it should . Idk what it is , I change the transmission computer that’s located at the front passengers feet area already. Help

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Its the light that is on the speedometer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

P,R,D4,3,2,1

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I’ve changed the transmission computer , but I didn’t see anything that was wrong with the original one,usually they have circuits that burn out but I didn’t see any

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Transmissions
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Mike V., Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

The blinking light means there is a code stored in the computer for the transmission. This has to be checked to let you know where the issue is. You have a bad shift solenoid or a problem with one of the clutch pressure switches. This is handy if it's the problem because they are mounted outside the transmission and are not difficult to change at all. But it all starts with getting the code from the TCM. Then you know what part to go after.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!