Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

350Z 2003 - 120K auto; after a brutal acceleration from

Customer Question
Hi, 350Z 2003 -...

Hi, 350Z 2003 - 120K auto; after a brutal acceleration from 30MPH, lost traction a split second and heard a bang when regaining traction. gear box stocked in 4 gear.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

Trans original, car driven only summer until 2 years ago. has ran really with no issue except a valve cover- service engine light on. at home, stopped the car, restart and gear box was fine. i have a code reader got P0745-P1752 - P1757- cleared the code - drove the next day but car started to stutter had to stop, mess with the MAF, waited 30 min and it worked. then read code again P0744-P1757 and P1516 Nats com. clear the codes- restart, no issue car sound great. go to restart it few hours later, took firing problem, stutters no light could not drive it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 350Z yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have to go pick up the car and decide if i fix myself or shop> can the transmission solenoids mess with the firing of the engine? a mechanic think the bang when i lost traction is the results of high rpm and pressure in the gear box. solenoid may be stocked / shot?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No tsk

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Transmissions
12/27/2017
Transmission Mechanic: hdgene, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
hdgene
hdgene, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, even though you dont have the same codes stored, you have multiple different transmission solenoid codes stored, so I would think you may have an issue that is associated with the control valve assembly as mentioned in the attached TSB. It will probably need to be programmed and updated so this is something you would be best offletting a trans shop or dealer perform to make sure it has all the latest calibration updates installed.

If you need more help just let me know If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

Hello do you need more help?