Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My mk 6 trany will not go in any gear after being left for a…

Customer Question
My mk 6 trany...

My mk 6 trany will not go in any gear after being left for a year

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

The van is 2000 and where is the brake switch

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Ford?

Mk 6 i think

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing just started it up

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I live in bulgaria

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Transmissions
12/22/2017
Transmission Mechanic: kalamykid, shop owner/tech replied 6 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, shop owner/tech

What year is your car and does it have an automatic transmission in it?

the year is 2000 and the box is manual

Have you checked the bake fluid level in the clutch master cylinder?

cant find a clutch master cylinder

The clutch master cylinder and the brake master cylinder both use the same reservoir for there fluid. See if the brake master cylinder is low on fluid please? If it is low, fill it to the full mark and pump the clutch pedal and see if the pedal starts to get firm.

Just wanted to check in on you and see if you needed any more help?