Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My car has been hesitating for a while (like a year or two)

Customer Question
Hello my car has...

Hello my car has been hesitating for a while (like a year or two) but today the***** red bolt light, the engine light and another light is on. I went to auto zone to get the code checked and the codes came back as U1407, U1424 and U1425 are the codes

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

Those are the codes that came up from Auto Zone. Also, it is barely running (like barely 20 miles an hour and that's it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2013 jeep patriot

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Patriot yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not sure, this just happened like 1/2 hour ago on the way home from work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No...not really

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Transmissions
12/22/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Chris, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. All of these codes are related to the electronic throttle control system. Do you have access to a scan tool that can communicate with the PCM and see real time sensor data?Chris
No I’m a woman with limited money and knowledge

Gotcha. Okay, let me look up the diagnostic procedures and see what things it will be so you have an idea what you may need to have done. keep in mind that a shop will need to run a few tests.

I will be back asap.

Chris

Looks like you may have a PCM or TCM (computer issue) causing these codes This needs to be checked with a capable scan tool like the dealer's WiTech scan tool. I highly recommend you have a shop or dealer follow this diagnostic I have provided. Otherwise it will be a guessing game and a gamble with your money.

Click on the link below to see the information.

I hope this helps,

Chris

I hope this information/answer is helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know! You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you and Merry Christmas!

Chris