Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Will not engage 2008 kia serento i cannot find code. The…

Customer Question
Will not engage 2008...

Will not engage 2008 kia serento i cannot find code

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

The only one is kia dealer an its to far to go

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

I cannot find if its a sencer or a*****motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Where is the*****engageing sencer

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Transmissions
12/20/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

this a description of operation of 4wd in your vehicle for your review

which sensor you looking for ,these are the sensors on 4wd drive case and solenoid motor

click on link to view

There is a Tsb on the transfer case motor assembly , click on link to view TSB

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat