Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Trans. light on dash staying in R,I reset computer by

Customer Question
Trans. light on dash...

Trans. light on dash staying in R,I reset computer by turning ignition on and off for 10 min then back on did this three times and got truck to crank,(now looks lie alternator is not charging)can low voltage make (R) appear on dash?Truck want start in (R) trans shifting fine.After a started it ,i hit the brake and truck died. ???

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

First thing i did all good ,could not check relays

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just reset computer,and yes doing it my self ps its a 2009 ram 4x4 4,7 l

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just need to no if bad alternator can cause the stuck in (R) thing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Transmissions
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/19/2017
Transmission Mechanic: tsmodie, Other replied 7 months ago
tsmodie
tsmodie, Other

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is caused by a bad transmission range sensor, and is a common repair, is this a hlf ton or 3/4 ton p/u ?