Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

I have a 1994 Dodge Stealth with an automatic transmission…

Customer Question
I have a 1994...

I have a 1994 Dodge Stealth with an automatic transmission that will not shift out of 4th. The car has 81000 miles. Where do I start to correct the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it the original transmission?

81000 original miles and is the original transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Stealth yourself? What have you tried so far?

Hope to fix myself, unless requires dropping the transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I think the information I have provided is sufficient

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Transmissions
12/19/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Moparguy6226,
 replied 2 months ago
Moparguy6226

Thank you for your question. It sounds like the transmission is in limp in mode. Is the check engine light on? If so is there a way you can get the codes? This could most likely be an electric concern, such as the solenoid shift pack or even a faulty input and output sensor.. try a battery disconnect and see if the symptom remains. Let me know your findings

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician